Tuesday 12 February 2013

Snow Days

So this is more of a flashback from last Friday than a "new" entry, but ya know. We live in the part of Ontario that the weather takes random, unpredictable turns. One day, it can be hot, windy, raining and snowing.. before noon. One such day happened last Friday... which meant that we had the dreaded Canadian Snow Day. Which in turn meant....



I am not a morning person. I have never been a morning person. As a matter of fact, I strongly believe that whoever invented "mornings" before 10am should in fact be shot. I am not someone who can spring out of bed bright and early and hit the gym.. oh god no.. I'm more like... one of the people you have to PRY from their beds with a crowbar and then watch out so that your head doesn't get bitten off.

My kids on the other hand....


On such days, my mornings are pretty much shot right from the start. The good news is that it gives me a head start on my chores. I could get the laundry started and folded, cook a nice hot breakfast, run some errands, wash the floors and be done before 10am!! Well.. at least that's what normal people would say because this is the expectation:

 
Oh come on, I'm a realist.. anyone with more than one kid (especially boys) knows that its completely preposterous to think that they'd be "quietly" playing by themselves... Anyways... I hard to pry myself out of bed in the mornings. I try hard I do! But the bed just calls my name, it loves me, its true!!! There's nothing more rewarding than a job well done.. Honest!! Even this bed-lover thinks so!! However, this is more along the lines of what actually happens:
 

Yeeeaahh... I think that I'll try this "stepford mom" thing in some other lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment